Clinical Studies Index
UCB is committed to sharing information on studies
and making study results publicly accessible
Scope of studies
This site provides information on both ongoing and completed studies for UCB products commercially available and under development. It is searchable via the Compounds menu below.
Information is available for the following:
- Phase 2-4 interventional* clinical studies which began on or after 1 January 2004
- Phase 2-4 interventional* clinical studies which began prior to 1 January 2004 and were considered pivotal to regulatory approval of core UCB medicines
- Phase 1 interventional clinical studies conducted in patients which began after 31 March 2020
- Real-world evidence studies that compare the effectiveness or safety of two drugs (including at least one UCB product) using a hypothesis which began after 31 March 2020
- Other studies that were available on the initial version of UCB’s study internet page.
- In line with our commitment to the EFPIA/PHRMA Principles, UCB posts clinical study synopses for trials in patients that were part of an approved European Union and United States marketing authorization since 1 January 2014
- Additional studies beyond the scope listed above for which a Plain Language Summary of Results is written may also be included on this page.
UCB discloses information regardless of the outcome of the study or where the study was conducted.
This list will be updated regularly.
The drop down menu can be used to navigate to study information for a particular product or compound
Access to study data request
Qualified researchers may request access to anonymized patient-level data and supporting documents that have been redacted to protect personally identifiable information, from UCB-sponsored clinical studies via www.Vivli.org.
UCB provides secure access to anonymized patient level data and documents from UCB-sponsored Phase 2-4 interventional
trials that began after 1 January 2007 and any Phase 2-3 interventional trials that were part of a US and EU marketing
submission that was approved after 1 January 2015.
Vivli is a non-profit membership organization working to advance human health through the insights and discoveries gained
by sharing and analyzing data. It is home to an independent global data-sharing and analytics platform which serves all elements of the international research community.
Additional details can be found on www.Vivli.org.
For each study information on the disease area studied, study type and recruitment status are provided. Results will also be added as they become available. There is also a link to the protocol information on www.clinicaltrials.gov and, if available, on the www.clinicaltrialsregister.eu.
Completed studies, which were conducted with a product approved in at least one country, have results presented in a tabular format via www.clinicaltrials.gov or as a brief summary, in accordance with international guidelines (ICH E3). Where available, a summary in lay terms and references to publications are included as well.
Further clinical studies and results are available on www.clinicaltrials.gov and www.clinicaltrialsregister.eu.
Should you have any questions, you can contact us at UCB Cares.
Clinical study results are intended to report the results of the study that were known at the time of the study's completion.
The results therefore do not provide a comprehensive and current review of the safety and efficacy of any compound based upon all information available.