Brussels (Belgium), 10 March 2017 – 20:05 (CET) – regulated information
1. Summary of the notification:
Pursuant to Article 14 of the law of 2 May 2007 on the disclosure of large shareholdings, UCB SA/NV announces that it has filed a transparency notification with the FSMA.
The transparency notification dated 10 March 2017 has been submitted in accordance with article 18 juncto article 6 of the Law of 2 May 2007 on the disclosure of large shareholdings, following an acquisition of UCB shares with voting rights by UCB SA and its affiliates. As a result thereof, voting rights held by UCB SA and its affiliates have crossed the 3% threshold on 6 March 2017.
On 6 March 2017, UCB SA/NV (taking into account the holding of its affiliates) owned 6 428 833 UCB shares with voting rights (versus 5 825 262 shares in its previous notification dated 12 January 2017), representing 3.31% of the total number of shares issued by the company (194 505 658) (versus 2.99% in the notification dated 12 January 2017).
2. Content of the notification:
The transparency notification dated 10 March 2017 includes the following information:
- Reason for the notification: Acquisition or disposal of voting securities or voting rights
- Notification by: A parent undertaking or a controlling person.
- Person subject to the notification requirement: UCB SA/NV, Allée de la recherche 60, 1070 Brussels (Anderlecht).
- Date on which the threshold is crossed : 6 March 2017.
- Threshold crossed (in %): 3%.
- Denominator: 194 505 658.
- Notified details:
- Chain of controlled undertakings through which the holding is effectively held: UCB SA/NV indirectly controls UCB Fipar SA.
- Additional information:
The disclosure obligation arose due to voting rights for UCB SA crossing the 3% threshold. UCB SA acquired own shares in view of its share delivery obligations to employees under the Long Term Incentive programs of the UCB group.
3. Further information:
This press release and the detailed transparency notification is available on UCB SA/NV’s website via the following link.
An updated overview of the UCB SA/NV large shareholdings will be available on UCB SA/NV’s website via the following link.
Investor Relations, UCB
T +32.2.559.94.14 firstname.lastname@example.org
Investor Relations, UCB
UCB, Brussels, Belgium (www.ucb.com) is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines and solutions to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases of the immune system or of the central nervous system. With more than 7 500 people in approximately 40 countries, the company generated revenue of € 4.2 billion in 2016. UCB is listed on Euronext Brussels (symbol: UCB). Follow us on Twitter: @UCB_news
Stay up-to-date on the latest news and information from UCB