Brussels (Belgium), 16 January 2017 – 20:00 (CET) – regulated information
1. Summary of the notification
Pursuant to Article 14 of the law of 2 May 2007 on the disclosure of large shareholdings, UCB SA/NV announces that it has received a transparency notification dated 12 January 2017, from BlackRock, Inc. (having its registered offices at 55 East 52nd Street, New York, NY, 10055, U.S.A.).
BlackRock, Inc. has notified that, following a disposal of UCB shares with voting rights by its affiliates, its shareholding in UCB SA/NV has decreased and has crossed downward the 3% threshold.
On 11 January 2017, BlackRock, Inc. (taking into account the holding of its affiliates) owned 5 802 062 UCB shares with voting rights (versus 5 923 369 UCB shares in its previous notification dated 30 December 2016), representing 2.98% of the total number of shares issued by the company (194 505 658) (versus 3.05% in the notification dated 30 December 2016).
2. Content of the notification
The transparency notification dated 12 January 2017 includes the following information:
- Reason for the notification: Acquisition or disposal of voting securities or voting rights
- Notification by: A parent undertaking or a controlling person.
- Persons subject to the notification requirement:
- Date on which the threshold is crossed: 11 January 2017.
- Threshold crossed (in %): 3%.
- Denominator: 194 505 658.
- Notified details:
- Chain of controlled undertakings through which the holding is effectively held: Please see the full chain of control in the PDF which is attached to the notification.
- Additional information: The disclosure obligation arose due to voting rights for BlackRock, Inc. going below 3%.
3. Further information
This press release and the detailed transparency notification is available on UCB SA/NV’s website via the following link.
An updated overview of the UCB SA/NV large shareholdings will be included in the corporate governance charter of UCB SA/NV, which is available on its website via the following link.
Investor Relations, UCB
T +32.2.559.94.14 firstname.lastname@example.org
Investor Relations, UCB
UCB, Brussels, Belgium (www.ucb.com) is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines and solutions to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases of the immune system or of the central nervous system. With more than 7 500 people in approximately 40 countries, the company generated revenue of € 3.9 billion in 2015. UCB is listed on Euronext Brussels (symbol: UCB). Follow us on Twitter: @UCB_news
Stay up-to-date on the latest news and information from UCB