Transparency notification BlackRock, Inc.
- Notification referring to situation on 8 October 2018
- Threshold crossed: 5%
- Latest holding: 5.04%
Brussels (Belgium), 12 October 2018 – 21:00 (CEST) – regulated information
1. Summary of the notification
Pursuant to Article 14 of the law of 2 May 2007 on the disclosure of large shareholdings, UCB SA/NV announces that it has received a transparency notification from BlackRock, Inc. (having its registered office at 55 East 52nd Street, New York, NY, 10055, U.S.A.), dated 9 October 2018.
In this notification, BlackRock, Inc. has notified that, following an acquisition of UCB shares with voting rights and of equivalent financial instruments by its affiliates, its total holding in UCB SA/NV has increased and has crossed the 5% threshold on 8 October 2018.
On 8 October 2018, BlackRock, Inc. (taking into account the holding of its affiliates) owned 9 255 186 UCB shares with voting rights (versus 9 204 553 shares in its previous notification), representing 4.76% of the total number of shares issued by the company (194 505 658) (versus 4.73% in its previous notification), as well as 551 107 equivalent financial instruments (versus 518 658 in its previous notification) representing 0.28% of the total number of shares issued by the company (versus 0.27% in its previous notification).
2. Content of the notification
- Reason for the notification:
- Acquisition or disposal of voting securities or voting rights.
- Acquisition or disposal of financial instruments that are treated as voting securities.
- Notification by: A parent undertaking or a controlling person.
- Persons subject to the notification requirement:
- Date on which the threshold is crossed: 8 October 2018.
- Threshold crossed (in %): 5%
- Denominator: 194 505 658.
- Notified details:
- Chain of controlled undertakings through which the holding is effectively held:
Please see the full chain of control in the ‘Chain of Control’ tab.
- Additional information:
The disclosure obligation arose due to total holding in voting rights for BlackRock, Inc. going above 5%.
3. Further information
This press release and the detailed transparency notification are available on UCB SA/NV’s website via the following link.
An updated overview of the UCB SA/NV large shareholdings will be available on UCB SA/NV’s website via the following link.
Investor Relations, UCB
T +32.2.559.94.14 email@example.com
Investor Relations, UCB
UCB, Brussels, Belgium (www.ucb.com) is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines and solutions to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases of the immune system or of the central nervous system. With more than 7 500 people in approximately 40 countries, the company generated revenue of € 4.5 billion in 2017. UCB is listed on Euronext Brussels (symbol: UCB). Follow us on Twitter: @UCB_news
Stay up-to-date on the latest news and information from UCB