Acquisition of own shares
Brussels (Belgium), 10 March 2017 – 20:00 (CET) – regulated information
In application of article 207 of the Royal Decree executing the Belgian Companies Code, UCB SA/NV announces the following:
In the context of its share delivery obligations under the Long Term Incentive Programs of the UCB Group, UCB SA/NV has sold a total of 1 000 000 options on UCB shares and purchased 880 000 UCB shares, as further detailed below.
On 6 March 2017, UCB SA/NV sold 1 000 000 options on UCB shares, previously purchased on 22 June 2015 and 7 July 2015 and with various maturity dates between 25 September 2017 and 25 June 2018, OTC in two tranches of each 500 000 options, to the original bank counterparties.
On the same date, in two transactions related to these sales of options, UCB SA/NV purchased respectively 326 201 shares and 298 435 shares OTC from the same counterparties, at a price of € 68.8183 per share. The highest independent bid price on Euronext Brussels on 6 March 2017 was € 69.17.
In addition, UCB SA/NV acquired through the central order book of the regulated market of Euronext Brussels:
- On 1 March 2017 a total of 40 000 shares at a price of € 67.9265 per share;
- On 2 March 2017 a total of 48 000 shares at a price of € 69.0832 per share;
- On 3 March 2017 a total of 33 000 shares at a price of € 68.6510 per share;
- On 6 March 2017 a total of 22 500 shares at a price of € 68.8322 per share;
- On 7 March 2017 a total of 33 500 shares at a price of € 68.4463 per share;
- On 8 March 2017 a total of 22 000 shares at a price of € 67.8618 per share;
- On 9 March 2017 a total of 26 000 shares at a price of € 68.6875 per share;
- On 10 March 2017 a total of 28 364 shares at a price of € 69.5282 per share.
As a result of these acquisitions of shares, UCB SA crossed the 3% threshold of voting securities on 6 March 2017 and a transparency notification has been filed with the FSMA today. All details of this transparency declaration will be published in a separate press release.
On 10 March 2017, after settlement of these transactions, UCB SA/NV owns 6 538 031 UCB shares, which represent 3.36% of the total number of shares issued by the company (194 505 658).
An updated overview of the UCB SA/NV large shareholdings will be available on UCB SA/NV’s website via the following link.
Investor Relations, UCB
T +32.2.559.94.14 firstname.lastname@example.org
Investor Relations, UCB
UCB, Brussels, Belgium (www.ucb.com) is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines and solutions to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases of the immune system or of the central nervous system. With more than 7 500 people in approximately 40 countries, the company generated revenue of € 4.2 billion in 2016. UCB is listed on Euronext Brussels (symbol: UCB). Follow us on Twitter: @UCB_news.
Stay up-to-date on the latest news and information from UCB