Partnering with leaders
As we take on new challenges and expand our ambition to new patient populations and new innovative therapies, we collaborate with likeminded innovators and partners. We seek out partners who share our vision and commitment to delivering valuable solutions for people living with severe diseases, whether they are leading academic institutions, biotechnology peers or other pharmaceutical companies. We know that dialogue, collaboration and partnership can help see where promising innovation can result in valuable health solutions.
Areas of Interest
UCB is looking globally for new opportunities that are transformational for patients and have a clear scientific rationale and/or clinical evidence of therapeutic efficacy, in the following areas:
- Seizure disorders (e.g. drug-refractory epilepsies, rare genetic forms, autoimmune epilepsies, epileptogenesis)
- Neurodegenerative diseases with focus on disease modifying approaches in movement disorders (e.g. Parkinson’s disease)
- Neuro-inflammatory disorders
- Neuromuscular disorders (incl. myopathies/dystrophies).
Chronic autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, especially:
- Rheumatologic conditions, e.g. Spondyloarthritis
- Immuno-dermatologic conditions, e.g. Hidradenitis suppurativa.
We are also interested in other assets in additional diseases primarily treated by neurologists, dermatologists or rheumatologists, including orphan indications.
Our partnering process: Empathetic, Thoughtful and Flexible
Your first opportunity to experience UCB is through our partnering interactions. Here is how we plan to work together:
Connecting and getting to know each other
- Healthy relationships start on a solid foundation of trust. You can expect us to be empathetic, thoughtful and candid. This is how we start and how we plan to finish.
- You will experience the engagement of key UCB staff and management, including those who will ultimately lead the internal teams responsible for the collaboration, providing you with the opportunity to test how UCB can contribute meaningfully to your project
Understanding your project, exploring how we can effectively work together
- Our early aim is to rapidly confirm, based on the underlying science and evidence, whether or not your project fits our goal to deliver differentiated medicines and other healthcare solutions that address the medical needs of patients and physicians.
- We will then conduct thorough, cross-functional, two-way due diligence, working to understand your business needs and how to best leverage our respective capabilities.
Teaming up for execution
We see the execution of the deal as the start of a joint endeavor with our partners. Our project/product based organization will drive smooth and successful execution towards our common goals. A structured and committed alliance management will drive alignment, manage the relationships and maintain trust allowing all parties to maximize the value of our alliances.
Global Business Development
UCB Biopharma s.r.l.
Global Business Development
Allée de la Recherche 60
1070 Brussels, Belgium
Mail to: email@example.com