UCB is committed to improving patient care and will consider providing financial support to institutions (e.g., academic), associations (e.g., of medical professionals or patients) or recognised third party medical education providers for independent medical educational programmes and resources that address healthcare knowledge gaps and provide non-promotional information to patients and/or healthcare providers.
We support high quality, independent education through unrestricted educational grants focused on enhancing medical professional and patient awareness, knowledge, and education. Supported programmes must be objective, balanced and scientifically rigorous. In addition, all programmes must be in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines, including those established by relevant regulatory agencies and industry associations.
Examples of programmes that may be considered for funding:
- independent, accredited and non-accredited programs that foster increased understanding of scientific, clinical, and healthcare issues and contribute to the enhancement of patient care
- Independent development of educational tools or resources to enhance physician-patient dialogue about treatment of disease
- Support of independent projects that lead to measurable improvement in health care services and the health status of individuals and targeted patient groups and do not relate to a UCB asset
- Support for producing educational material for patients in an independent way
- Support for the development and running of a patient registry.
UCB will also consider innovative ideas that enhance patient care and advance scientific knowledge.
Therapeutic Areas of Interest
|Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
|Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
|Restless Legs Syndrome
|Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura